The Retreat Centre has been established in two of the former stables on the farm. We have 580 m2 with lovely Scandinavian style rooms and spacious teaching halls – all made with respect and eye for the building’s history and charm and with the intention to create facilities supporting peace, focus and presence.
Sustainability is a part of everything we do. We have PV’s to cover some of the electricity and CO2 neutral heating with wood pellets and a heat pump, rain water catchment and a Food Forest designed with permaculture principles and ethics.
- Care for the Earth
- Care for all living beings including plants
- Share the Surplus
Everything is beautifully interconnected.
Facilities – 400 m2
- 10 rooms (6 db, 4 single) – 16 beds
- Big meditation/yoga hall on 1st floor with meditation cushions, yoga mats, chairs and a massage bed.
- Kitchen with all you need to cater for 20 people
- Dining room
- 3 bathrooms, 4 toilets
- Beautiful garden 10.000 m2 with many different garden spaces.
- 1 fire pit (firewood can be bought/ordered here)
- 5000 m2 well established food forest, designed according to permaculture principles – many interesting fruits, nuts, berries, edible flowers and perennial vegetables.
- The open landscapes of Samsø right outside the door – high skies, sea, fields and beaches :o)
Ekstra facilities – 145 m2
- Lounge with giant sofas, chairs, tables, books and a wood burner.
- Big teaching hall with tables, chairs, projector, flip-over etc.
- Terrasse with a lovely view over the fields and a slice of Stauns Fjord
Ekstra Teacher’s appartment – 35 m2
- 2 beds, table and chairs
- Private bathroom